Decorative Patina Finishes
Achieve designer results for a fraction of the cost
Metallics and Patinas, LLC is your source for green patina finish. Somewhat similar to paint, but truly not a paint, our water based patina finish can be applied to many different surfaces using an garden or commercial plastic Hudson sprayer, a roller, or brush. One gallon of patina will cover approx. 220 sq. ft.
Our customers are architects, interior designers, builders, sign makers, metals fabricators, artists, contractors and do-it-yourself people.
Exterior and interior applications
Our patina finishes are used with our metallic coatings extensively on exterior signage, wrought iron railings and gates, yard art, and fountains. Also used on hardy backer and concrete both interior and exterior. Great product for interior and exterior art projects.
We also sell patina solutions in brown and blue for commercial usages.
Available Patina Finishes
Green Patina on Bronze
Green Patina on Copper
Green Patina on Iron
For Exterior and Interior Applications
Our patina solutions will not on their own achieve a patina finish. If you desire a patina finish, then Patina Solution must be applied at the time of application of the metallic coating second coat to achieve an original artistic patina presentation.
This product may be applied to many different surfaces. The most common use of the patina would be on our metallic coating copper or bronze. The versatility of application techniques give the artist more choices to separate their work from that of other artists.
FOLLOW THESE FIVE SIMPLE STEPS
- Clean or wash off all dirt, oils and grease, flaking paint and remove all rust or oxidation.
- Prime all non-metal surfaces with our clear primer sealer. Metal surfaces must be primed with a high quality epoxy primer.
- Apply the first coat of Metallic Coating to all surface area with brush, roller or sprayer. Allow 24 hours curing time between coats.
- Apply second coat of Metallic Coating. Temperatures should be between 40 F & 80 F.
- If a Verdigris Patina finish is desired, mist the green patina solution on the second coat of the Metallic Coating while it is still damp to the touch. Use a fine misting bottle sprayer.
YOU’RE DONE, THE PATINA WILL CHANGE TO A PATINA FINISH WITHIN 30 MINUTES.
Popular Indoor Use
Popular Outdoor Use
Talk to Us About Your Customized Project
Questions? Talk to a live person.
Pricing based on quantity ordered plus FedEx shipping. Call to us for ideas, assistance, and to order.
You can order our craft pack, which includes enough product to coat approximately 25 square feet. This craft pack has one quart of primer sealer, one quart of either copper or bronze metallic coating, one pint of green patina and application instructions. For larger projects, we ship any of our products in one gallon quantities through out the continental U.S.